Each Wednesday this year I'll be bringing you a mid-week Coaching Business tip, influenced by what we are doing in the Lab and also what I wrote about in CBB. This year I also hope to release a book I've been working on for a few years for Digital and Service Based Entrepreneurs like Coaches. I'm going to gauge your response to help determine what book release order we see in 2024. My hope is there may be 2 or 3 in the Reconnecting Workspaces series which comes across the finish line of publication this year.
So now onto Week 1 of 52 weeks with Creating a Clear Vision:
"Vision is the compass that guides us through the unknown, illuminating the path from what is to what can be."
When business ebbs and flows, it’s important to continue to have a compelling WHY and Vision for ourselves and our business.
This can help us lean into WHY we exist as a business. Is it to serve a certain # of people, or is it to make a specific impact in your work?
In addition to your vision, what would you say your mission is for 2024?
Questions – So What?
A well-defined vision provides direction, purpose, and alignment for an organization, contributing to several aspects of success, including employee engagement, strategic decision-making, and long-term sustainability.
One notable source supporting this idea is the Harvard Business Review (HBR). In various articles and case studies, HBR has explored the significance of a clear vision in guiding organizational strategy and fostering a shared sense of purpose among employees. For specific statistics or recent studies, you may want to explore the Harvard Business Review's database or other business research databases for the latest insights and empirical evidence on the correlation between a clear vision and business success.
DRAW out your Future using the following questions. Write in current tense – such as:
It’s January 2025, and I am celebrating my achievements for the last year. For example, we were able to serve 100 students in our certification program and we were also able to work with 48 teams over the course of 2024 through strengths based work, our Hybrid Work Styles and also team coaching initiatives
Reflect on questions like:
- Where are you now? (Write this out on the left hand side) Where do you want to be at the end of (the year/3 years/5 years) (wite this out on the right side of the page.
- What’s going to help you move from where you are now to where you want to be?
- Who are you serving?
- What value are your clients/customers receiving?
- What’s the big problem you are solving for others?
- What are the values your work is anchored in?
- What do you want to achieve?
- Who do you want to be?
- What mark do you want to make?
For more on this topic, check out the 2024 Vision Session I recorded a couple of months ago or Refer to the Vision Questions at the Start of Section 3 of either PlanDoTRack or Coaching Business Builder.
Share with us in comments your most exciting vision element for this year? What are you going to do to keep it visible throughout the year?
Enjoy the conversation and reflection!
Creator of the Group Coaching Essentials and our 70 and 125 hour pathway programs for the ACTC or our internal Group Coaching Certification
Set up a 15 minute call to discuss your needs with our team
Register for Winter 2024 Training for Group and Team Coaches:
- Group Coaching Essentials (8.75 CCEs) starts January 12 - with Evana
- Team Coaching Essentials (14 CCEs) starts January 8
- Mentor Coaching Group for ACC/PCC starts Fridays Jan 12 (at 9 am ET) - with Jennifer
- ACTIVATE Your Group and Team Coaching Superpowers - Mondays 130 - 3 pm ET starting Jan 22nd (14 CCEs - course 4) - with Jennifer
- Coaching Supervision - starts Jan 11th - with Jennifer and Kathy
- Coaching Biz Growth Lab (our annual group dedicated to coaching business development)